Thursday, August 7, 2008

Craft Play Date


Yesterday we had a craft play date over at a friend's house. Sarah made these wonderful little sea animals out of cinnammon, applesauce, and glue. (Who figures these things out?) Then they harden and then you can paint them.
This was cutting into my kids' naptime and they started to fall apart. Jake, who had only done a little bit of painting was more content to watch a movie and eat pizza. (This was after a big meltdown) Kate was crawling all over the place and trying to climb up the stairs any chance she could. It was nice for me to sit and get to know some ladies in our ward. Thank you so muche to Sarah for putting this together. It was a ton of fun and very creative. I was very impressed.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Fun! Send me the recipe. Are Fayette county kids in school yet?

The Schaefer's said...

Jake is too cute. I hadn't heard of putting the glue in the recipe. I've always just done equal parts applesauce and cinnamon. I made teddy bears, poked a little whole in the top for a ribbon, and put them on our Christmas tree. It made it smell wonderful.