

These two pictures pretty much tell you what we did last night. We went with Troy (Stan's cousin) and his wife Kristin to Maggiano's and then to the Fox to see Les Mis. The whole evening was a ton of fun. The food was great. We were a few minutes late to the show, ans missed a little of the beginning. This is the fourth time that I have seen Les Mis at the Fox, and it was probably my favorite. It is usually performed on a rotating stage (which gives a great effect), but this time there were a ton more scenery changes that kept it a little more interesting. The singers were really good too. It struck a cord with me a little on an emotional level, which it never really did in the past. Probably b/c I have kids now and I sympathize more with the character of Fauntine.
What really made this evening fabulous is that Wendy watched the kids for us overnight. This was Kate's first night away from me and I was fretting it a little. I did not know how she would act or sleep for Wendy, but everything went great. It was weird to not have them here at home with us. I was still trying to be quiet when I went upstairs, and I even woke up in the middle of the night (probably out of habit). This morning I went to pick them up and Kate was still asleep. I got them ready and then went on a nice long walk with Wendy and the kids. Thanks Wendy!!
Our next venue at the Fox is Wicked(in Nov.), which I have not seen yet. I am excited for that one.
4 comments:
You have just had a nice busy week. Some of my family saw Les Mis and loved it. They also teared up a little.
I'll babysit your kids any time as long as you bring me back more chocolate cake from Maggiano's. Yum!
How cool is that! I'm glad you guys had fun. Harry surpised me with tickets for Les Mis on Friday. It was my first time seeing it, but I've known the music for YEARS! We're talking about getting tickets to see Jersey Boys for our next "musical" adventure :c).
Hey stranger. Just read your comment on our blog. Yes, I want to get together also. What are you doing this week? Give me a call.
Also, what a fun date. Wendy's a good friend.
Love your hair cut too. I could use a new due.
I just read your "debt for sale" post out loud to Luke. Man, your good at expressing your thoughts. And what educated, spiritual thoughts you have. Luke and I loved it all. Some very valid points.
Post a Comment