Friday, March 13, 2009

What Else?

Would you really expect anything other than another post about baking? I have always liked baking and over the years have come to love it. However, these days I am obsessed with it. (As if you aren't able to tell by my blog) But, today I actually had a reason to bake..(And I have an excuse for tomorrow too....YES!) Tonight, is our 'girls night in'. Each month I coordinate a get-together with some gal friends of mine. We usually go out, but tonight we are hanging at Shelyse's house. What a good sport to have us all over. So, we are each supposed to bring something to share, so here is my contribution..easy crescent danish rolls. I looked and looked for a recipe where I had all the ingredients and would not have to go ot the store. I found this and it sounded pretty good. I used raspberry preserves for the middle



Here is the recipe:
INGREDIENTS
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet
4 teaspoons SMUCKER'S® Preserves or Jam
Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 to 3 teaspoons milk

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
2. If using crescent dough, separate dough into 8 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet, cut dough into 8 rectangles. Spread each rectangle with about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Roll up each, starting at longest side; firmly pinch edges and ends to seal. Gently stretch each roll to about 10 inches.
3. On ungreased large cookie sheet, coil each roll into a spiral with seam on the inside, tucking end under. Make deep indentation in center of each roll; fill with 1/2 teaspoon preserves.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown. In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm rolls.

Tomorrows project is creme brulee, and possibly another brownie torte.

2 comments:

Lyn Homer said...

Laura, Your rolls look wonderful. I wished I could make it tonight so I could eat one! You are such a great cook. Creme Brulee is my favorite dessert. I would love your recipe.

Teresa said...

You're killing me, Laura. I've had SUCH a sweet tooth lately, and am trying to cut back. I should probably stop visiting your blog, but I don't think I'll be able to. These rolls look so yummy! Can't wait to see your baking for tomorrow. Have fun tonight!