I have always liked vinyl wall lettering, but always found it a bit expensive for my cheapskate self. My sister, Winnie, has lately become obsessed with scrapbooking and has the coolest little gadget called a cricut (said cricket). This thing has a small blade that will cut custom lettering and designs out of vinyl (or paper). This thing is AMAZING. It is fascinating to watch. The vinyl cost $10, so I was able to do all these projects for that small amount. Custom ordering all this would have cost so much more.
Here is Winnie with all her gear.

This is the Cricut. (The neatest thing ever!)

This is the program where we decide what to make. Here we are making my "Welcome Friends" sign.

Here is the final product from that project.

And here is all the other stuff we did. We may have gotten a little carried away, but we had a ton of fun. It is a bit addictive making this stuff. It all peels off very easily, so it is simple to remove when I get sick of it. Right now I love it.




Thanks Winnie.
6 comments:
cute, Cricut's are really cool. They are all the rage in good old Utah. I love wall phrases too. Cute cute!
Love it love it
Be careful, takes the paint off the walls... We found that out the hard way when we moved!
That is so cool! I've seen the Cricut's, but have passed them by because of the price. I'm glad you were able to borrow one. I've hesitated about the vinyl lettering, because I thought it might be difficult to peel off the wall. (I don't usually get things straight the first time.) I'm glad you mention that it comes off easily. I like what you did, Laura! Thanks for sharing!
LOVE the Laura's Cafe...too cute!
Those are really affordable and beautiful wall decor stuff... I got my favorite decorative stuff from Home Decorators Collection...
Post a Comment