Thursday, August 13, 2009

Couponing


It seems that after each kid I have I want to pick up new hobbies so that I have an outlet. With Kate I started running and worked up to a 1/2 marathong (which I might do again once I start getting more sleep). A couple months before Brooklyn was born I started this whole couponing thing. It has been great and I get such a rush from saving so much money. My sister teases me that I am a price dropper, except I brag about how little I spend. Even if I had a ton of money, I think that I would still be a bargain shopper and a avid yard-saler. There is just something about being thrifty that is so fun for me. With couponing, I have gotten some of the best deals of my life. Today was one of the best... I went to Publix and spent $28 and saved $106! It took a while to learn the system and there is still a ton that I don't know. It has been a great money saver and I feel like I am winning a game every time I go to the checkout at the grocery store!

4 comments:

Troy & Kristin said...

umm....i think you should teach me!!!!!

Adventures and musings of a 31yr. old girl said...

You're living my dream. I only hope that someday I can be like you. And although this sounds sarcastic, you know it's really not. You're awesome. Oh p.s. I am looking at buying a house--crazy, crazy!

Elizabeth said...

I have to ask, what did you buy?

Danielle said...

2 things: what is a marathong? Is that where you run a marathon in a thong? (sorry, couldn't resist that!) and second, I do the coupon thing too and have for years - I love couponmom.com and publix is the best partner, I think! It is a rush...and in these times, who doesn't need to save a little money?