Monday, September 28, 2009

My Accomplishments


This is my first accomplishment....my longest reciept ever! Every Thursday, after I drop the kiddos at their little preschool, I head to Publix for my weekly coupon shopping. This past week's shopping ended up being my largest purchase to date. My cart was overflowing and we had to use two carts to wheel it all out to my car. Have I ever told you how much I love Publix? Oh, I could make a whole post about this...maybe one day I will. Moving on... So, every Thursday, the same little old guy helps me out to my van and loads my groceries while I buckle Brooke in the car. This last week, he was telling me that I was the best couponer that their store has; that there is one lady who might rival me, but that I was probably the best. Usually my shamelessness would have allowed me to feel victorious at this statement, but I kind of wanted to crawl under a rock. I have quite the reputation there and everyone knows me. I might need to start rotating which Publix I go to. At least they haven't kicked me out yet, but they might soon.

I have been tracking my purchases and recording how much I have spent and saved. Over the course of the last couple months (not including this last trip) I have spent $181.48 and saved $430.91. All of this couponing really helps to build up food storage. -- So, how much did all of those grocieries add up to? Well, I spent $122, and I saved $186. It is still a good bit that I spent, but it was a great deal for the amount that I got..... And for the record, I really don't consider myself great at all this couponing stuff. I really don't have the time to master all the drugstores and their deals. I do Publix and a very little bit at Kroger (have I ever told you how much I very strongly have a passionate dislike for Kroger? That pretty much all adds up to hate, but hate is such a strong word.) I don't waste my time trying to jump through a million hoops to get the deals. Publix is easy and sraight forward. I try to keep it as simple as possible.

Now, my favorite accompishment: If you have followed my blog in the past, you know that I have a love of baking. Well, I think I have found my proudest baking project to date. I am pretty sure that I have perfected the art of making rolls. It took me about 9 months working on them, and about three months for them to rise to this level. They sure are yummy!

5 comments:

Stan said...

I helped with those rolls

Teresa said...

Holy moly, lady! That receipt is IMPRESSIVE!

Caroline said...

I wish I could coupon...is it worth it if you can't ever double? We only have one grocery chain here and they don't do any doubling.

Your baby is so cute! I love their little rolls :)

Speaking of rolls...are you going to share your recipe?

Wendy said...

Oh my chub!!! Look at that little Brooklyn!

Good job on the Publix deals. Julie is on the coupon bandwagon now too. I echo your sentiments about couponing--I love Publix, rarely do Kroger deals, and don't do drug store deals. But Publix is so easy to do, esp. with Southern Savers. That is officially my fav. website.

Greg and Lara said...

Seriously, will you teach me the ways of couponing one of these days? I'm so impressed, but I have had no luck with couponing myself. It can't be that hard, right?