Monday, June 7, 2010

Blueberry Muffins

I have a new Demarle mini-loaf pan. Today I wanted to make some healthy blueberry muffins since it is blueberry season. Most people who know me have seen these pans and have shared my love for them. This mini-loaf pan is very cool. It is nice that I can bust out 9 mini-loaves in 11 minutes of baking. They slide right out without having so spray the pan and, as you can see in the picture below, it browns very nicely. I also used my mini-muffin tray and they also turned out great! I posted the recipe below.





Blueberry Muffin Recipe
* 3/4 cups low fat milk
* 1/2 cup natural applesauce
* 1 egg
* 1 cup all purpose flour
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 3 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven 400ºF degrees. Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Blend milk, applesauce, egg in a small bowl and set aside.
Stir flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center and pour wet ingredients into the well. Stir with a spoon just until the flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in blueberries. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until golden brown; regular size muffins bake in 18 to 20 minutes, mini-muffins bake in 10 minutes.

I cut out 1/2 cup of white flour and added 1/2 cup organic rolled oats.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

those muffins look delicious! ive never seen a mini loaf pan before, but ill definitely be on the lookout for one the next time im at the store!

i just stumbled upon your blog from pressing the "next blog" button at the top of the page...im glad i did! :)