Monday, October 25, 2010

Week 3

This Sunday in our new branch was a bit hectic. Brooke had not taken a nap before church so I had to take her out of sacrament and get her to sleep. When I went back in to the meeting Kate and Jake got into it resulting in Kate somehow getting hurt. I had to get Kate out into the foyer while holding a sleeping baby. Luckily, I was able to hand Brooke off and then settle Kate down and hold her the rest of the meeting. - After sacrament there was no nursery leader. I tried to get Kate to go to Primary, but she wasn't having it. I had to teach so Stan was in there with her and Brooke, but had to bring Brooke to me when he had to teach Elder's quorum. I went to check on Kate who had been left in the nursery by herself and she was hysterical and upset that no one was in there with her. I ended spending the last 40 minutes of church playing nursery leader for my two girls. We did snacks and songs. It was a crazy Sunday. - On Saturday, I woke up at 4AM to go to the temple with some sisters in the branch. It gave me the opportunity to be exposed to more Spanish and it was fun to get to know some of them a little more. I know that I am tall, but these sisters are more on the short side. I don't quite blend in.

2 comments:

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

Ahh, the life of multiple kids on the bench alone! I feel your pain! Just glad I'm on the tail end of it...keep your chin up, because you will look back and wonder how you ever made it through...and that's when you really realize the Lord has been by your side (even if you got nothing out of church those many years)! Good luck!

Jenkinson Family said...

We welcome you back with open arms anytime. We miss you!!