
Our kids love saying prayers. Kate usually needs help and Jake will say the same 3 things each time and that's it. Yesterday, for FHE, we made a prayer jar. We put 2 different size sticks in our jar. The big ones are thing we are thankful for and the small ones are blessing to ask for. The kids pick 3 of each before their prayer. Jake wanted to be sure that he got the one that said he was thankful for school. Hopefully, this will improve our prayers and make them a little less repetitive.
Also, I am trying to knit.

One day, Kate saw an episode of Clifford where a lady knitted a scarf. Suddenly, she wanted me to knit her a scarf. I actually had on hand some yarn and knitting needles that I had picked up at a yard sale in hopes to someday learn. I grabbed my stuff and pulled up 'youtube' videos and tried to figure it out on my own. It wasn't happening. I was frustrated. Kate showed me that all I needed to do was wave my hands around a bit with the needles and yarn and that magically a scarf would appear. I had to explain that it wasn't quite as easy as it looked on Clifford. Luckily, my sister, Kristen, came over a couple days later and showed me a simple stitch. It is all I know, but it is a start, and enough to make a scarf for Kate. Now I just need to finish it so she can use it this winter. I don't have visions of become a great knitter. I just figure it is best to make things for my kids while they want me to, and while they're willing to wear them.
No comments:
Post a Comment