Sunday, October 9, 2011

Our Treasure Hunt and Chest

This evening the kids were wanting to do a treasure hunt. Their hunt involved digging in the backyard, which I was not cool with bc I did not want them getting all dirty...or digging in my backyard. So instead, we decided to go on a walk down to Huddleston Pond. Once we got down there I gave each kid a small brown paper bag to collect any "treasures" on our walk. Jake and Brooke barely picked up anything. Kate, on the other hand, filled her entire bag plus some extras on the side.

When we got home we sorted through all of their treasures (of which 98% came from Kate's findings) and made our very own treasure chest. We busted out the hot glue gun and assembled this thing of beauty. Kate thinks out chest is perfect, and Jake thinks it doesn't look like a treasure chest at all. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.


No comments: