Saturday, February 23, 2008

Trends


So, if there is one thing that is consistent in the Johnson sphere, it is our love of games. I don't know if I can count on my fingers the number of games that we have played in just this past week. You can always count on my parents coming over at least twice a week for a game of "Settlers of Catan", usually followed by a second game of Catan or Canasta or Rook. This is what our game nights with them usually look like. (See Above) That would be canasta we are playing there.
My parents comprise about 80% of our social life, if you can consider staying home all the time being social. We do get out to go on dates occasionally though, and we also go to others' houses sometimes to also play games. Maybe one of my future blogs will be my analysis on different games, since we have almost all of them in our hall closet. Anyhow, there isn't really anything too much new around here, so I figured I would write about what we do most.
A few things worth mentioning: We fenced in our back yard (very exciting for me). We are planning a trip to Vegas/St. George next month to visit Stan's brother Matt and his family (some of you might remember them). We were recently the proud owners of a playstation 2 (yeah, we're a little behind) and are mildly addicted to "Guitar Hero." Kate is starting to scoot. Jake is talking more. Last night we played games with friends, and guess what we're doing tonight....that's right, playing games with friends. And, this morning I am off to go hit a consignment sale. Gotta run.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

I have a card game recommendation for you. We've not played it ourselves, but it sounds like a hoot. The game is called Killer Bunnies, and it's supposedly great for a good any laughs...

Elizabeth said...

That sounds like a great evening. I'm not sure I would want to go against you guys in a game though, we'll have to be on the same team. If there are teams.

herb said...

Somehow I the mental image of Stan head banging to "I wanna Rock'N Roll all night" is floating through my mind now.... I don't think I'll be able to ever look at him the same again.

The Thomas Family said...

You all fenced in your back yard!! I'm sooo jealous. That is my dream. One day we will have a fenced in yard that my kids can play in any time they want. I can't wait!

Hey we need to have you guys over for games. Although I like your selection better then ours. Especially your playstation 2. I think I could easily become addicted to some of those games and that could get ugly. That on top of my blogging addiction could really cause some problems around here.

Wendy said...

So, I want to read your analysis on games. You are the game queen, or should I say, the game Nazi. Too bad I beat you in any game we play.