Monday, April 28, 2008

The Loveless Cafe



Ok, so if have been keeping up with my blog you know that: 1) I like try new restaurants when I travel esp. those that are distinct to that area, 2) I am kind of obsessed with Bobby Flay. Well, on "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" he did an episode at the Loveless Cafe in Nashville, TN. (Not really in Nashville though; about 25 mintues outside of the city) This place is known for its good southern food and its biscuits (biscuits being the focus of the "throwdown") Anyhow, this place was on my "must do" list while in Nashville. We decided that we would go there on out way home. So, yesterday we got up and headed there for breakfast and were shocked at just how popular this place is. It is a little out of the way and there really isn't too much around. Well, despite this place being rather secluded, it is obviously more famous than I had thought. We had a 1 hour wait for breakfast! Luckily, they had some little shops that we could waste some time walking through. Eventually we were seated and our meal was well worth the wait. We did a family style breakfast that included biscuits, homemade jams, 2 types of gravy, fresh fruit, ham, sausage, eggs, grits, hashbrown casserole, and probably more stuff that I am forgetting to list. Needless to say, I was able to find all the calories that I had burned the previous day in my race. So, if you ever happen to visit Nashville, put this place on your list. It is good eatin'.

It kind of looks like a shack. The Loveless Cafe is an old motel, now restaurant, open 7 days a week, 7-9. If you're not willing to wait, they don't mind. There are plenty of others who will (including us).

Sooo good.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Derricks parents moved to Nashville. We'll have to try this place out sometime. Thanks for the tip :)

Karen said...

Laura, I started Tivo-ing "Throwdown..." and saw the episode with The Loveless. Flay should not have won even though he's your crush or whatever. I bought buttermilk today so I can use the Loveless mix you gave me. Making biscuits in the morning. Too bad they'll be topped with "Simply Fruit" preserves. Carol Fay was robbed. ---K