Monday, June 9, 2008

The Big One

Saturday was Kate's first birthday. Yesterday, we had a few of our family and friends over for cake and ice cream. I made a big mermaid cake that was bigger than Kate. It took quite a while to make, but it turned out pretty well.
Kate enjoyed her first cake. She started off clean and progressively got messier and messier.

Happy Birthday Kate!

9 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

What a cake!!! You are amazing Laura. How in the world?! Did you just create that yourself. Very impressive. :)

Happy B-day Kate! If the party was anything like the cake, that must of been one great party. :)

Laura, okay I hate to do this again, but it ends up Luke is going to be home Tuesday night. I really hate leaving if he's actaully going to be home. I'm sure you get it. Also Kat couldn't make it because they now have mutual on Tuesday nights. Bummer. So I guess our Tuesday night hang out will have to be held off one more week. Sorry. :)

The Schaefer's said...

Awesome cake, Laura!!! Got to love the first-birthday-messy-cake-face pictures. Happy Birthday, Kate!

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

Impressive Laura. You did an awesome job. My birthday is next April... ;o)

Caroline said...

Wow! That is a very impressive cake. I love the scales on the tail. Kate looks like she enoyed it too!

Wendy said...

Wow--that cake is awesome! I can't wait to show Emilie and Elisabeth. You weren't kidding when you said it was bigger than Kate.

So, are you going to make a merman for Benjamin next month?

Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday, Kate! What fun times, are you going to make a cake that will be bigger than her each year? You did a great job!

Jenkinson Family said...

Wow! You did a great job on the cake. How cool. It's fun to see them get messy. Happy Birthday Kate!

Kat Rose said...

That cake is amazing. It looked bigger than you. I'm sure it was a great night for Kate. We have to get together soon.

Teresa said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Kate! That cake is amazing, Laura. You are a very talented woman!