Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kate


Kate is now 13 months old and I finally took her to her 1 year check up last Friday. I knew that I had a tall and skinny girl, but I was still pretty shocked when I heard her percentiles. Kate is in the 90th percentile for height. She is pretty long. The Dr. seemed a little concerned about her wieght and I asked what percentile she was in for weight and the Dr. replied that she was in the 3rd percentile. I guess she is on two opposite ends of the spectrum. She weighs less than 18 lbs, which means that even though she is one year old that she still has to ride in a rear facing car seat. Maybe one day she will hit that 20 lb. mark.

Kate is starting to make some progress in the world of walking. Although she is not quite there yet, she is able to stand on her own for a few seconds. Yesterday, she even tried to take a step on her own. I am eager for her to walk because I am not a fan of the crawling phase. I hate that her hands are on the floor all day and that she sticks them in her mouth. I try to keep my floors clean, but I know there are more germs there than I can see. I think Kate could walk, but she just does not seem too interested as she is able to crawl around just fine. Hopefully it will happen soon.



* This post is dedicated to Kristen Kohl who let me know that I needed to update my blog. There really isn't too much going on in my life (as I informed her) and it is a little difficult to find things to blog about. I hope you are happy with some new reading material Kristen.

2 comments:

Eve said...

She is so pretty and you guys have the exact same eye color in that photo.

The Schaefer's said...

Laura, I understand your predicament. Hannah wasn't quite as tall as Kate at a year old (she was 27" tall), but she, too, weighed under 20lbs (17lbs.). Which meant that she had to be in a rear facing carseat...I finally got sick of hearing her scream and faced her to the front. She didn't make 20lbs. until she was almost 2 years old. Heck, if we went by the weight guidelines for car seats, Harrison just now would have gotten out of a booster seat (he weights 89lbs.)...I let him out when we was 8 years old. It's a good thing, too, he'll be driving in February :c).