Then to experiment more, I took my base cake batter and added pureed banana with the rest of my macadamia nuts and some cinnamon. The frosting has coconut flavoring and yellow food coloring. Then I topped with a little bit of cinnamon. My friend Jaimee was over here while I made these and she liked these more. I preferred the pineapple in the other cupcakes.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Cupcake Experiment
I was inspired from my trip to Savannah with Amy. While we were down there we stopped by this cute bakery where they had cupcakes in an array of flavors. I had a pistachio cupcake with almond frosting. It was really good. This made me want to experiment with some flavors of my own. I used a yellow cake as my base and a simple buttercream frosting recipe of butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk. To my first batch I added crushed pineapple and coconut flavoring. The frositng has almond flavoring and a little green food coloring and they are topped with toasted macadamia nuts. I loved these.


Then to experiment more, I took my base cake batter and added pureed banana with the rest of my macadamia nuts and some cinnamon. The frosting has coconut flavoring and yellow food coloring. Then I topped with a little bit of cinnamon. My friend Jaimee was over here while I made these and she liked these more. I preferred the pineapple in the other cupcakes.
Ready for the fridge. If anyone wants to stop by, I have a bunch of these mini-cupcakes. I probably should have had a reason to make these. I don't know what to do with them.
Then to experiment more, I took my base cake batter and added pureed banana with the rest of my macadamia nuts and some cinnamon. The frosting has coconut flavoring and yellow food coloring. Then I topped with a little bit of cinnamon. My friend Jaimee was over here while I made these and she liked these more. I preferred the pineapple in the other cupcakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yummy! What's your address? :)
You are so impressive, and with little kids and pregnant to boot. I love to see and read about your baking creations. It's very inspiring!
Someone must be pregnant! And in her 2nd trimester!
I think that I will stop looking at your blog because I always leave hungry.
Yum!
Bring them to Girls night in! Yum!
Post a Comment