Sunday, May 10, 2009

Stan's Graduation + Extra Randomness

Stan had his graduation yesterday. He is finally done with school! We went to the graduation and then went out to lunch with his parents. Afterwards, we went and picked up the kids from my mom and took them over to Stan's parents' house. Then we went to a graduation celebration that a guy in Stan's program organized. It was very nice and it was fun to meet some of his classmates and professors. It was a full day from start to finish. Here are a few pictures from the graduation.
So, on another note....I have tried to put baking behind me. However, last Sunday I made these cookies, but not because I had the baking bug. If you remember, a while back I held a competition for the college basketball tournament. The prize was a homemade dessert of the winner's choice. Well, as luck would have it, my good friend, Wendy,(who knows nothing of college basketball) won the tournament. She requested these cookies. It is actually an old recipe I used to make all the time. I decided that it was not my favorite and I now have another recipe that is my main chocolate chip cookie recipe, but Wendy wanted my old ones. She was over here last Sunday, so I whipped them up real quick. She was nice enough to share with everyone. And, just to give Wendy a little praise.. (Which she will just DIE that I am even talking about her. She is so shy and humble and hates any kind of praise or attention.)...In making her picks for the tournament, she picked both of the final two teams, chose the winner correctly, and even got the tie-breaking score right on the nose. Crazy! Good job Wendy! Thanks for picking such an easy dessert. I hope you liked them! And, for more randomness...Check out this girl's hair. She is a mess. A cute mess, but a mess nonetheless. Her hair just sometimes decides to have a spastic party on her head. Crazy girl.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Congrats to Stan! MBA is a HIGE accomplishment! Good job to you for holding down the fort and supporting him.

Jaimen looks a lot like Stan's dad. And thanks for my daily dose of self-esteem building. You're so good to me. Delicious cookies. Thanks for convincing me to do March Madness--it was actually really fun to follow it along.

Kat Rose said...

Congrats!!! Stan you are such a smart and wonderful man, good for you!!!