The kids had so much fun playing outside and crawling around in the tents.
Then we hung out and played a fun game of 'Ultimate Outburst'. The girls had an early lead, but the guys came back to win in the end with a game winning answer from David. Good job guys.
Then it was time to settle down for the night. Kelly and Jaimee took Ryan outside and Stan took Jake to their little tent. Jake did great and the Johnson clan quieted down and went to sleep pretty quickly. Ryan, on the other hand, was having a hard time calming down. After a little while, the Kartchners decided to pull up camp and head home to the air conditioning. I stayed up for a while and was watching the weather. Things looked ok, until around midnight when a huge red spot showed up on the radar and was just about to hit Peachtree City. Once a severe weather warning was issued, I went outside to bring the boys in. I carried Jake up to his bed and Stan and I brought the tents inside. The rain was just starting as we were getting inside. I don't think the rain ever got too bad, and I regretted disturbing their campout. They could have lasted through the little bit of rain that came. That is what I get for being an overly concerned mom, sitting up and watching the weather. I guess I should have figured that if it got bad, they were only about 10 feet from the house and could come in on their own. Maybe we will give it another run and I will go to bed instead of staying up watching the unreliable weather forecast.
And just because I thought this was cute...I walked into the family room this morning and saw this. These two are really becoming good pals. Jake is a good big brother and does a good job of playing with Kate. Lately, he loves to take her hand and walk with her whenever we are going somewhere. I am glad that with #3 coming soon that these two have each other to play with. They are a couple of fun kids.
2 comments:
Cute! What I want to know was why weren't YOU sleeping out on the bumpy ground in the humidity. You could have sped up labor and had a baby, for crying out loud!
We almost came and saw you guys on Sat. night. We showed up at the Fred at 7 but the Beatles concert didn't start til 8,so we just walked around the ampitheather area. That's a cool place. We want to bring our kids back to the BMX track.
Too fun! Harrison and Hannah spent the first WEEK of summer vacation camping out every night. They LOVE to camp. Harry and I were chickens and stayed in the air conditioning :c)
Post a Comment