Here are a couple of pictures of me at 37 weeks, just not of my belly. I had my Dr.'s appointment this morning and I have gained 5 lbs. in one weeks! I am feeling it too. I am swelling like no other, and this extra water weight is causing my feet and legs to feel so tight. (On Sunday I wore a bracelet that usually just slides off my wrist and I was having a hard time getting it on and off b/c of the swelling.) The midwife was a bit concerned after seeing this gain and my higher blood pressure. I had signs of pregnancy induced hypertension with Kate, and it looks like those indicators are starting again with this pregnancy. They told me to take it easy, keep my feet propped up, drink lots of water, and get plenty of protein.
People always ask if I am ready and usually I reply that I doing ok, but lately it does seem like this pregnancy gets harder with each day, and now I feel like I am ready. I still have 2 weeks before my scheduled C-section, but I just want to be done. If the swelling continues, it could be sooner.
So, I don't know if you can tell too much, but I got a haircut last night. It feels a lot lighter and I love it. However, going to get your hair cut and having to stare at yourself in a huge mirror when you are 9 months pregnant is not fun. It is a good cut for the summer and easy to style.
I will keep you guys updated. Hopefully, I can follow Dr.'s orders and keep the swelling under control.
4 comments:
Did you tell them to add a babysitter to that Dr's orders. They told me to stay off my feet with Hunter so I would not go into labor and I had ALex and Brooke at home. Ya right. Good luck. Keep me posted.
Wow Laura I saw that first picture and I guess I never realized how much Kate looks like you. Too cute. I can't wait to see her. Sorry that you are not feeling so hot. You are on the home stretch though. Just keep telling yourself that you can do anything for 2 weeks. Just 2 weeks... you can make it. Hang in there and don't be shy about asking people for help. Hope that blood pressure stays under control. Love ya.
Wish I could help you with the kids, so that you really can rest with your feet up. I hope your GA friends help you out.
I baked some blueberry muffins yesterday and thought of you. Guess you're probably not doing too much baking these days....
Hope you're able to get some rest and relief. Thinking of you....
I feel for you, Laura. I never make it past about 37 1/2 weeks. I get the toxemia (hypertension), too. Hang in there...maybe the doctor will have mercy on you next week.
Post a Comment