Saturday, June 25, 2011

Busy Brooklyn

Today we took the kids to Fernbank (or as they call it, the dinosaur museum). This is our 2nd year of having season passes there and the kids love it. Today we even watched an IMAX movie about surfing in Tahiti. It was pretty cool, and really made me want to go to Tahiti. Back in March, Fernbank reopened their kid area that had been closed for a year and completely redone....and really well. The kids LOVE it. Stan was watching Jake and Kate while I chased Brooke around. This is nothing unusual, but I thought I should probably record just how busy this girl is. Nothing holds her attention for very long. Here is a 3 minute video of her just going and going and me trying to keep up with her. One cool thing with this kid area is the fake river that runs through it. When you step on it, it makes ripples as if it were real water...quite a cool effect. I try to show it a couple of times, but couldn't stop too long because...well, I was chasing Brooke.

Side note: After Fernbank, we went over to the Dekalb Farmer's Market. On the way we saw a marquis sign at a church that read: Jesus Saves, Obama spends. Love church marquis signs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

To do list:
Do 1 lap around river
Play with night vision goggles
Touch window
sit in one place for exactly 1 second
get book
open book
close book
--Must do within three minutes!

Adventures and musings of a 31yr. old girl said...

Wow, that was making me sick to watch. What a busy body. She is soo cute.