Thursday, April 12, 2012

Today's Project - Desk Painting

I've been doing some spring cleaning. Usually my cleaning rushes last about one day. This one is on day three. I've been cleaning closets, organizing laundry, clearing out the basement and kitchen, and setting things aside to donate. Today, I painted this desk.



My mom got this desk at a yard sale and had it for a few years and gave it to me a couple months ago. As you can see the top is pretty badly stained, but I loved the size and shape of it. So today I hauled 2 kids into Walmart to buy some paint. Where I found energy after that feat, I don't know, but I did. I hit a wall at 3:00, but I'm still going.

Here is the finished product. The initial green was a little strong for my taste so I toned it down with a little white wash, but I kept the chair a solid green to give a little contrast. Right now it is in my kitchen area with the kids computer. I like it here, but it may go back up to Brooke's room. We'll see. Ok, baby screaming...got to go!

No comments: