Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Big 3-0!

....weeks that is. For the record, I am still 29. However, today marks that I am through with 30 weeks of pregnancy!

So how are things going? People always seem to ask, but you can't really tell them the truth. Who wants to hear about the aches and pains that come with pregnancy. It is hard sometimes to not complain when people ask this question, but I really doubt they want the truth, so I smile and say 'fine'. Luckily, for the most part, I am fine. Things are going well and I try to take advantage of what mobility I have. Yes, there are aches and there are pains and discomforts, but I am doing fine. I know things are sure to get harder, so I try to push through as best I can, although fatigue is a hard factor to fight.

I was talking with Stan last night about how it is interesting that pregnancy is different for so many women. I have friends that have easy pregnancies and actually enjoy being pregnant and I have friends who are curled up on a couch for 9 months and have to neglect every almost every responsibility in their lives. I asked Stan if he thought I had horrible pregnancies. It took him about .0000002 seconds to answer with a resounding 'YES!'. I laughed for quite a while. I try not to complain, but he does hear a lot of my grunts and moans when I try to move around. I don't think I have the worst pregnancies, but Stan explained that it just seems miserable. No doubt that it is difficult, but when you are like me and have been on the other side of the issue and want nothing more in life than to be pregnant, it gives me a little more patience (and gratitude) when I remember the past and it helps me to cope.

We are excited for this new little girl. It will be hard to have 3 kids ages 3 and under, but hopefully it will get easier with time. I thought after we had Jake that all of my children would come to me through adoption. I figured all of my children then would end up being spaced by 5 years or so (due to the long process of adoption). I also thought when we first got married that we would have absolutely no problems getting pregnant. It is interesting how life loves to prove you wrong. Well, I was glad to be proven wrong both times. Without the difficulties of infertility we would not have Jake. And, now with the blessing of being able to have children, I will have more than a lapful of little ones (and a bit less sanity).

Sorry I don't have a picture of my belly to share. I tried to teach Jake this morning how to use the camera so that I could put a picture up, but I was not even in the pictures. I will try to get one soon and post it. I am usually the one behind the camera, so I forget to get pictures of myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this post - so heartfelt and honest. I know the aches and pains of pregnancy but it's nice to feel so grateful at the same time. It's kind of like when they are born and you are getting no sleep but then they curl up in your arms and it's the best feeling ever. I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left - she'll be here before we know it! :)

Teresa said...

I really enjoyed this post, Laura. I am glad that you have been blessed with both natural born and adopted children. To have both has been a blessing in my life. The aches, pains, and immobility of pregnancy are difficult. I'm glad that you don't have too much longer!

P.S. That was me who deleted my comment. I had to fix a typo. Sorry!

Adventures and musings of a 31yr. old girl said...

Seriously Laura, I am glad you made an honest post. I know that you pregos try to be all up beat and not complain to everyone all the time, but you CAN tell your best friend that it sucks (she already knows this anyways-not first hand of course, but b/c she knows you and the kazillion other women who try to make it seem like a rosy walk in the park) Come to think of it, maybe if more women complained abour pregnancy, less 13 yr. olds would try getting knocked up.-just a thought. Anyways, as you can imagine, I am ecstatic about the 30 week mark. Have you convinced Stan to buy me a plane ticket yet? J?K-really I am, there is no I am kidding but really serious note here. Any name decisions yet? Ok, I have commented long enough. Love ya!