Tuesday, November 29, 2011

35 weeks

I am 35 weeks, as of yesterday. I had a Dr.'s appointment this morning and I now have to go every week (yuck). I don't love going to the dr.. They are actually very good about getting me in and out, but I either have to arrange babysitting for Brooke or take her with me. It's all just a bit of a pain. For the most part I have been measuring further along than I am. Today they told me that I am measuring as if I were 37 1/2 weeks. She felt around and said that he felt like her was already a good sized baby, and that he'll be gaining about another pound and a half before her gets here. I had been feeling swollen lately, but the last couple days have been alright and I've had a little more energy, surprisingly enough.

This little guy will be here on Dec. 27th. Having a baby 2 days after christmas has kind of taken nesting to another level. It means that I am super simplifying Christmas. Stan brought all of our Christmas decor up from the basement and I had him take about 90% of it back down. We have our stockings up and our tree and that is it. No outside lights or decor. And it's all coming down on the 26th (if not the 25th, but I'll try to wait until the 26th). But I want this house cleaned of all the Christmas stuff so that I don't come home from the hospital to all of it.

I am quite enormous this pregnancy. People ask how much longer I have, and when I tell them they are always surprised, expecting me to say much less, as if I am supposed to have him tomorrow. Or they ask me if there are two babies in there. (That only happened once though...at the temple.) I have had a lot of discomfort thie pregnancy, but as huge and uncomfortable as it is, I still think it is better than the first trimester. So, 4 weeks from today our little boy will be here, and maybe we'll have a name for him....hopefully.

So that's the update. Sorry I don't have a picture. I skyped with my sister, amy, and she laughted when she saw me stand up. It's a little out of control is all you need to know. 2012 might be my year of starving myself and getting rid of all this baby weight. For the last 5+ years, I've had only 1 month of not nursing or being pregnant. I think I might give myself some time after this one.....maybe a LOT of time. 4 is a good number, right? I think so too.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hang in there girlfriend!